A two jaw surgery is conducted when there is need of adjusting the position of the upper and lower jaw. For the protruded mouth, the bimaxillary protrusion surgery, also called as the segmental osteotomy and ASO, should be conducted. The difference with the two jaw surgery is that only the front teeth and bones inside the gum are pushed in. It is important for a patient to be diagnosed properly by an experienced doctor, in whether to go through with the bimaxillary protrusion surgery or two jaw surgery, or a combination of both.
What is a Protruded Mouth?
The protruded mouth surgery is conducted when there is need to fix the abnormal teeth and gum which jut out. There are mainly tree types within the protruded mouth sector. First, when teeth are protruded but the upper and lower jaw bones may be normal. Second, when teeth are straight but the gum is protruded. Last, when overall protruded mouth, with both the teeth and gum protruded.
Who is it Recommended For?
1. For those who have protruded teeth
2. For those who have a protruded mouth but do not have a long looking face
3. For those who have a protruded mouth with a short chin
4. For those who have a long facial appearance and also a protruded mouth
How is Protruded Mouth Surgery Performed?
Usually, a protruded mouth is caused by the bone structure itself. In this case, Anterior Segmental Osteotomy (ASO) is required to move the bones of the gum area backwards. If the protruded mouth has complex problems, then the two jaw surgery should be applied.
*Anterior Segmental Osteotomy(ASO) and Two Jaw Surgery
ASO is the surgery method used for a protruded mouth. The protruded mouth can be improved with excision on the front teeth with gum bones moved backwards. The two jaw surgery is for the case with abnormal upper and lower jaw protrusion. Both ASO and two jaw surgery are applied to improve the protrusion but the result may differ with each individual. For successful results, an accurate diagnosis by a well-experienced and specialized surgeon is required. K-Doctors will suggest and advise only the best clinics, which have a safe and professional surgical system.
● Minor Case with Protruded Mouth -> ASO with orthodontic treatment
● Protruded Mouth Case with Long Face and Long Chin -> Two Jaw Surgery with orthodontic treatment
● Protruded Mouth with Only Protruded Teeth -> Teeth extraction with orthodontic treatment
Surgery and Trip Info
1. Surgical Method : ASO (To be diagnosed)
2. Surgery Time : Approximately 2~3 hours
3. Anesthesia Type : General
4. Stitch Removal : 2 weeks after surgery
5. Recovery Period : Daily activities after 2 week
6. Flight : Possible from 2 weeks after surgery
Before & After Pictures
All page content is property of K-Doctors
Reproduction without permission is prohibited
Please respect our copyright