Cheek Bone Reduction
What is a Cheek Bone Reduction?
The cheekbone reduction, which is also called the zygoma reduction, is a very effective way to make the face not only smaller but to make a smoother facial impression. Having large cheeks often give a very strong appearance. The cheek reduction surgery does not only reduce the width of the face but also softens facial features, creating an overall harmonious impression. The zygoma surgery is conducted with considering the ratio of the entire face, and achieving a gentle and three dimensional impression is the main goal of the surgery.
Who is it Recommended For?
1. For those who have a strong first impression due to high cheekbones
2. For those who have a bumpy facial line because of large cheekbones
3. For those who have asymmetrical cheekbones
4. For those who have conspicuous side and front zygoma bones
5. For those who desire a slender facial line
6. For those who are dissatisfied with their current facial contour
How is the Cheek Bone Reduction Surgery Performed?
To soften the facial features, a small incision is made inside the mouth in the upper cheek on both sides. Cuts are made to the front and back of the cheekbone and additional cuts are made on the temporal areas. Using these incisions, the front and sides of the bone is pushed back and fixed tightly to prevent any movement. Dissolvable materials can be used so that the plates are not visible through x-rays. Fracturing and cutting of the bones to minimize any sort of side effects or possibility of a re-operation is the most important part of the cheek reduction surgery. A perfect final fixation is the key-point. K-Doctors will guide you to the right surgeon with full experience in the facial contouring field.
Surgery and Trip Info
1. Surgical Method : Zygoma Reduction
2. Surgery Time : Approximately 1 hour
3. Anesthesia Type : General
4. Stitch Removal : 2 weeks after surgery
5. Recovery Period : Daily activities after 1 week
6. Flight : Possible from 4 days after surgery
Before & After Pictures
All page content is property of K-Doctors
Reproduction without permission is prohibited
Please respect our copyright