Square Jaw Reduction
What is a Square Jaw Reduction?
Although in some parts of the Western culture think of a square looking jaw to be sexy for women, the aesthetic beauty trend within most Asian countries tend to think of a v-shaped jaw as beautiful. Alongside with the cheek bone reduction, the square jaw reduction surgery is among the most popular operations undergone by patients out of the facial contouring procedures. The aesthetic effect can be seen at an instant. The square jaw reduction surgery is also called the v-line surgery, or in more technical terms, maxillofacial square jaw reduction or mandible angle resection. A square jaw is when the lower jaw bone’s size is wide and causes a square-like facial appearance. Specifically, the bone beneath the ear can cause the face to look larger. Removing the angular jaw line and creating a slender V line is the aim of this surgery.
Who is it Recommended For?
1. For those who have a wide jaw
2. For those who have a square like, angled jaw
3. For those with minor asymmetry in the lower jaw area
4. For those who desire a slender jaw line
How is the Square Jaw Surgery Performed?
When operating the square jaw surgery, the first step is to make incisions inside the mouth from the second molar to the canines. The needed or wanted shape is formed by making a trim from the back of the jaw to the mental foramen. By removing just the outer layer of the jaw, the width of the face is made slimmer. This is called cortex removal. The amount of trimming depends on the severity of width.
* Please be aware that all facial bone contouring surgeries is conducted using oral incisions and under general anesthesia. A patient will go through a CT scan before the doctor can diagnose one’s condition. The best advice the most suitable surgical method will be given alongside with K-Doctors professional beauty team guiding you through the whole process.
Surgery and Trip Info
1. Surgical Method : Square Jaw Reduction
2. Surgery Time : Approximately 1 hour
3. Anesthesia Type : General
4. Stitch Removal : 2 weeks after surgery
5. Recovery Period : Daily activities after 1 week
6. Flight : Possible from 4 days after surgery
Before & After Pictures
All page content is property of K-Doctors
Reproduction without permission is prohibited
Please respect our copyright