What is Brow Pexy?
As we age, our eyebrows begin to droop, which results in an angry, worried, or tired appearance. Frequently performed at the same setting with eyelid surgery and often through the same eyelid incision, brow elevation (also known as browlift or forehead lift) surgery is a way to elevate and stabilize the droopy eyebrows. Brow Pexy is the most popular surgical method among the brow lifting surgeries. This elegant and effective technique removes the need for additional skin incisions and can be performed simultaneously with the upper eyelid blepharoplasty. Brow Pexy involves removing the excess upper eyelid and brow fat, in addition to repositioning.
Who is it Recommended For?
1. For those who have droopy eyelids giving a tired and older appearance
2. For those who have droopy eyelids which hinder the vision
3. For those who have droopy eyelids causing eyelashes to poke the eyes
4. For those who want to improve saggy skin
How is Brow Pexy Surgery Performed?
A browpexy lifts the eyebrow through an upper-eyelid incision. The brow is raised just above the level of the bone and physically sewn to a higher position on the forehead. There are two methods in conducting this surgery
METHOD 1. INCISION ABOVE THE EYEBROW
If there is little space between the eye and eyebrow, an incision is made above the eyebrow to pull and tighten the skin. If an incision is made below the eyebrow, this may end up in creating a stuffy appearance.
METHOD 2. INCISION BELOW THE EYEBROW
If there is ample space between the eye and eyebrow, an incision is made below the eyebrow to pull and tighten the skin. This brings satisfying results, especially if the outer corner of the eye is droopy.
Surgery and Trip Info
1. Surgical Method : Brow Pexy
2. Surgery Time : 1 hour
3. Anesthesia Type : IV Sedation
4. Stitch Removal : 7 days after surgery
5. Recovery Period : Daily activities after 1 week
6. Flight : Possible from 1 day after surgery
Before & After Pictures
All page content is property of K-Doctors
Reproduction without permission is prohibited
Please respect our copyright